Best Winter Stud Tires 2019/2020
according to test results
All testing organizations and publications that wanted to share the results of comparative tests of winter studded tires did this before the first frost. So, you can begin to take the first results and determine the most successful models.
In our publication today, we will designate the best winter studded tires for the 2019/2020 season based on test results. In view of the specific climatic conditions for the use of studs, such tests are carried out by a very limited number of magazines, mainly published in the countries of Northern Europe.
1. The generational change in the Continental studded tire line has been very successful. The successor to Continental IceContact 2 with rubber studs was able to overtake the Michelin tires by half the body, which last year seemed the most obvious applicants for the title of the best studs of the winter season 2019-2020.
2. Everything has its own time. If Michelin had not regretted its tires last year and, according to tradition, would have provided them for testing to Russian magazines, then it would be unlikely that Nokian would revel in the victory of Hakkapeliitta 9. And so ... That X-Ice North 4 could become the best stud in the future has little faith.
3. Pirelli simply skipped these 2019 winter tire tests. Its spike tires Pirelli Ice Zero over the past couple of years have become so faded against the background of competing brands that the need for replacement was only a matter of time. The Pirelli Ice Zero 2 model is already available for sale, but as with Michelin studs, the “Italian brand in Chinese property” decided to play with the car owners in the dark, deciding that sales this season can only be made through marketing and aggressive advertising. Well, we are looking forward to the tests of the 2020/2021 season.
4. The dark horse Hankook W429 Winter i * Pike RS2, which occupied the test honors of 2018 with a snap, pacified its fuse. What was that all about?
5. We will refrain from commenting on the newcomer to the rating of the best winter studded tires, Yokohama IceGuard iG65. The model performed in the tests of 2019 with dignity, but what will be its further fate? Time will tell. We hope that the Yokohama spike will not suffer the fate of the GT Radial IcePro 3 and Firestone Ice Cruiser 7 tires that have left the rating, around which there was a lot of noise, and the output was "zilch". For more references about Yokoma tires, check out yokohama yk740 gtx review for morer insights.
6. Nokian Tires may be a good judge of studded tires, but she still needs to work and work on friction models. Nokian WR Snowproof, an unsealed Finnish novelty, was the biggest disappointment of the season. The competitors are not asleep, and now we need to make every effort so that after some time motorists do not recall the former quality of even studded tires as soda with syrup for two pennies. With nostalgia in general.
7. There is nothing much to say about the products of the Goodyear, Gislaved, Nordman and Bridgestone brands. Their tires are trying their best to keep the brand and not fall into the dirt face. True, the largest tire manufacturer in the world Bridgestone, as usual, does not succeed at all.